Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Adi Ran Unplugged

Ok, it's been a long time since the last post. I finally purchased Adi Ran Unplugged when I was in the Souk in Machane Yehuda, and it is excellent. It's a 2-disc CD, and he has put all of his best songs on, plus a few new ones.

Some of my favorites are Shir Chadash, Hu Elokenu, Ani Ohev et Hakadosh Baruch Hu, Ma Rabu Tzarai, and the unplugged version of Eize Keif. The style is very relaxed, there are no backup instruments as far as I can tell. It is just him with a guitar, but he does an excellent job of making it sound as though there is a band with him with his vocal changes and his vibrant guitar playing. My only complaint is I think he had a bad cold during some of the recordings, maybe he could have waited a day or two to record. It is authentic, but a little too authentic at times. A perfect example is on "Hu Elokenu" which is a great song but he really should have re-recorded it when he was feeling better. Hopefully soon I will have some translations for the new songs on Unplugged.

The link to hear snippets of the album is here.

No comments: